Are you excited about WordCamp US 2020 happening virtually this year? Also if you have the desire to present yourself as a speaker then hurry up, only 2 days left as Call for Speakers will end on May 31st.
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, the WordCamp US 2020 is happening online. The date and place of the event are the same as the previous year i.e St. Louis, October 27th – 29th.
Giving the highest priority to the health and safety of the WordPress community the WordCamp Central and local health authorities decided to make it happen virtually. Despite the situation, WordCamp US 2020 organizers, speakers, and sponsors are taking it as an opportunity to create an innovative virtual WordCamp.
WordCamp US 2020: Call for Speakers
Before submitting your application there are a few things you need to know first. This year the WordCamp US 2020 has kept the following things into consideration:
- The number of sessions you will submit this year is three. The team is limiting the time this year for many reasons. But the main reason is that it allows speakers to submit their best ideas and the organizing team will able to spend more time on each submission and review it.
- Since WordPress community is filled with so many diverse, interesting people, and taking advantage of that this year the session submissions will take place as first, second, and third. What will happen in those submissions? The first submission will be WordPress focused, whereas the second/third submission will be related to something creative.
Note: Yes, this year WordCamp US 2020 is also a platform to show your creativity to the world. For example; if you are a painter or archer then share your experiences or show some of your unique works; you are free to do so.
So all together you will have three submissions and you can submit whatever you want to share to the audience this year.
WordCamp US 2020 Speaker Information
Participating as a speaker in any WordCamp is a voluntary contribution to the WordPress community. And this year the speakers will be sharing their knowledge and expertise with our amazing attendees on the live stream.
Benefits of Speaking at WordCamp US 2020
- A ticket to WordCamp US
- Know about the WordPress community
- Networking with WP enthusiasts with great experiences in their respective fields
- The opportunity to be heard by a broad audience, and on our livestream
- An invitation to our Volunteer celebration.
- Contributing to the WordPress Community
The call for speakers will be closed on May 31st, 2020 at 11:59 CDT (-5 GMT).
Selection and Submission tips
After submitting the applications then it will be reviewed by the speaker committee and they will be further notified in June/July. And if you submit multiple talks you will only receive one response.
The WordCamp US team encourages potential speakers to upload more than one pitch, but no more than three submissions will be accepted from an applicant. If you submit more than three then the first three will be considered.
Be sure your talk description/abstract defines the exact topic you want to talk about and what you hope people will learn from your session.