The fluctuating user behavior and advancements in technology has opened the doors of opportunities for businesses with an efficient channel that helps target wider audience base.
The importance of online presence is not hidden from anyone. It helps businesses cater to the needs of their customers and promote their products and services across the globe. There are numerous ways of optimizing a website to generate higher conversion rate and engage more potential customers. Indubitably, websites help one to reach end users with utmost convenience and efficiency.
However, the evolution of smart devices including Smartphones and tablet, and systems like voip phone systems melbourne, has further enabled businesses to expand their reach and reap the advantages of the growing technology. You can create a mobile application and allow your customers to easily access your services on the go.
Creating a mobile application could be a daunting task, as there are numerous fragmentations of mobile platforms and their compatible devices with different hardware specs and distinct screen sizes. Fortunately, the mobile web applications offer a tremendous solution, with HTML 5 and CSS 3, you can create applications to target a plethora of mobile devices. And jQuery Mobile facilitates an ultimate framework to accomplish the task with utmost precision and greater convenience.
jQuery Mobile Framework: A Foreword
This mobile framework is ideal for developing responsive websites and mobile-optimized web applications. This touch-optimized framework features a UI system that is based on HTML 5. It is ideal for creating web apps and websites that can be easily accessed over numerous Smartphones, tablet, and desktop. It offers several benefits and helps develop a feature-rich and impressive application.
Features of jQuery Mobile:
- Compatibility over multiple platforms – The mobile applications and websites developed via jQuery can be accessed over multiple browsers and mobile platform like iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry, etc.
- Easy to implement – If you are well aware of jQuery syntax, then implementing jQuery mobile won’t be tough for you. The developers who are familiar with the jQuery can easily get over the learning curve of this framework.
- Facilitates customizable Themes – You can easily create a desirable theme for your application by using its custom themes. It provides ThemeRoller that facilitates easy-to-use features including downloading and implementing a custom theme, choose a color and drag and drop it on a desirable place, and a lot more. Moreover, you can enhance your brand value by personalizing custom themes as desired.
- Touch-optimizes widgets – The platform-agnostic and touch-optimized user interface widgets make the jQuery Mobile a much sought after framework, because as per the current trends, the touchscreen gadgets are the main target of the applications.
- Optimizes the speed – Since, it features minimum dependencies and is a lightweight framework, it helps deliver optimized speed to the applications.
- Minimal scripting is required – The integrated code base will help scale the page layouts on any screen size using the HTML-5 configuration.
How to begin the app development using the jQuery Mobile framework?
An ideal way to begin the development process is by using a HTML template featuring mobile JS and CSS with jQuery base code. The below mentioned set template is an example would be ideal for developing your first application.
In this chunk of code, two foreign elements are used –
1.) viewport meta tag – The “viewport” tag informs the mobile browsers to implement a full zoom effect on the screen. However, to define a page width equivalent to the device width, the width variable has been assigned the value as “device-width”. Moreover since, the jQuery Mobile can support shifting layouts, it will not disable the disable feature.
2.) X-UA-Compatible meta tag – This tag allow the Internet Explorer to display the stuff compliant to the latest HTML iteration.
After observing the amazing features of the jQuery mobile framework, it can be said that it would be worth developing a mobile web application using this framework. This will help you make your website offerings easily accessible to your potential customers via their mobile devices. The responsive website and responsive mobile applications will allow you to improve your conversion rate and sales, and efficiently boost your brand value across the world.